Friday, July 07, 2006

Hurry up and wait: The Frustration

So, in theory, I should be on my way to Saskatoon right now (en route to Regina) for my break. However, highway 102 has been closed for the last several days, so getting out by truck isn't really an option.

We were planning to get a float plane to come pick us up (as well as to bring in a couple of people who have been waiting for the highway to open), but there was some rain overnight, so that idea was scrapped because rain means the highway should open up. It's noon now, and I still have no idea when and whether we will be leaving. Kind of frustrating, especially since I had plans to meet a friend (Joel) for supper tonight in Saskatoon.

As is often in the case in this profession, I've just got to hurry up and wait. Not much else I can do, but it's still frustrating.

I hope to see some of you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home