Thursday, April 13, 2006

...maybe I can squeeze you in for June?

Although I don't have a whole lot to say about me right now, someone has been bugging me to contribute to this construct we call a blog. I was thinking earlier of how busy my life is until I go back into the field again. Literally every weekend until the end of May is booked, and two of the (likely) three I'll have in June are also spoken for to some degree. This weekend I'll be going to Feast. After that, I have, in order:
-The wedding of Saryn and Dan
-A friend coming to visit, as well as organizing a GPS scavenger hunt for the YP.
-My trip to England and Ireland, from May 3rd to the 15th.
-Drag-racing with my dad in Gimli, MB
-My professional practice exam and the Saskatchewan Marathon.

Now, a lot of this stuff will be great fun, but it seems like there's too much to do. This is sort of how my life has been since I started this line of work; because I'm away so much, when I'm not in the field I try to cram in as much other stuff as I can.

Oh well, busy is better than bored.

Here's a bonus: I really don't "get" blogs. A lot of the time, it simply seems to be people sharing the fairly mundane details of their lives. Anything really important to me, I tend to discuss with a small circle of trusted confidants. I have trouble seeing how much of the stuff that goes on in my life would be of interest to anyone besides myself (and often not even me).

I have heard of those who have a dedicated fanbase that check their blog regularly. And of bloggers who fanatically document every detail of their life, no matter how personal, or how utterly mundane. On the part of the readers, this seems to be a form of voyeurism, although 'voyeur' isn't the correct word; after all, you have been invited to peer into the bloggers life. On the part of the author, it would seem to be a form of exhibitionism, but with minimal risk on their part.

I created this blog on a whim, and imagine the main usage I will have for it is to share some of my experiences and adventures with some of my more distant friends. That's good enough for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bronwyn said...

I win! I win! Peer pressure rocks. Its only too soon before we get you wearing baggy pants and backward hats!

12:52 p.m.  
Blogger Matt said...

Yeah, yeah, you think you're so great. I think it would take a lot more than peer pressure to get me wearing baggy pants and backwards pants...at the very least it would require a tranquilizer rifle.

1:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home