Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Sense of Peace

Often I feel there is too much that needs to be done: people to keep in touch with, chores around my apartment, my running, my work, and all the other little things that fill the day. So, it is a real treasure when you find something that just calms you down, that makes you sit back and reflect, and say, "Well, that's okay then."

Listening to Stewart McLean does that for me. The combination of his voice, and his masterful storytelling just leaves me feeling peaceful, and generally well-disposed towards the world.

I was out scrambling to buy a few things before I head into the field, and I managed to listen to almost all of the Vinyl Cafe. When I got home, there was still fifteen minutes left in the show, so I just sat in the parking lot, in my car, and listened to it, because I didn't want to miss another minute of the show.

I guess Harvey makes me feel the same way. I get the feeling Stewart McLean, his pal Dave, and Elwood P. Dowd would all get along famously. Harvey too, of course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then I took your sense of peace away from you by telling you awful stories. Bad blonde journalist!

10:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home