Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Week 26: Half way through

This post is a bit delayed due to the long weekend. I was going to write it up yesterday morning, but then Christine brought Alexa to bed to snuggle, and it didn't get done. I am now (roughly) half-way through the year with my running goal, and am (barely) over my goal. I only got four runs in this past week, skipping Sunday and Monday due to my predator defense course, as well as Thursday so that Christine could go get groceries while I looked after the little one. I ran 40.54 km this week at an average pace of 4:41 minute/km, so not spectacular, but I got it done. My total for the year as of Saturday was 1,008.33 km, with a paltry surplus of 7.33 km. I am fully aware that I will be running (pun intended) a significant deficit by the time my field travels are done, but I intend to try to make up for it by the end of the September.

Alexa had a busy week: she cut her first two teeth (bottom front), she drank out of a sippy cup on her own for the first time, and is getting increasingly mobile. She can turn in circles, and move pretty far under own power, although forward motion is still difficult, and she hasn't quite managed to crawl yet. My memory is a little fuzzy, I can't remember if it was this week or the one before when she started saying "night-night". Although it sounds cute, she actually yells it when she's tired.

This is my last week in the office for a bit, and I've got a ton of things to do before I leave next Sunday. I'm excited about the Atii Fitness run on Saturday, although I'm not sure I will achieve the time I'm hoping for. I'd like to better my performance from two years ago, when I ran 43:06 (43:08? Something like that). But, all I can do is go out run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home