Sunday, July 16, 2006

Adventures in Regina -Or- Uncle Traveling Matt, Social Butterfly

So, my break has now come and gone, but I thought I'd relay a bit of what went on. I had a very busy weekend, with much visiting and socializing. It was tiring, but fun, and I'm glad I got in as much as I did, since it'll be a while before I have the chance again.

Resuming from my last post on the subject:
Monday I had a eye check-up (with favourable results: the short sightedness in my left eye had slightly improved, eye health was excellent, my right eye continues to compensate for my left such that I don't need glasses. Yay!), did a bit of running around in the morning, and then met with my friend Kent for a while in the afternoon. That evening, I got together with Jessica, saw her new condo, and generally got caught up on what had been going on in her life since last we spoke. It was a nice visit.

Tuesday, I picked some raspberries from the bushes in our backyard, filled up a bird feeder, and did some other tasks around the house before going to meet my friend and coach, Ted, for lunch. I then proceeded pretty much straight from lunch over to the Reed household, where I had a nice visit with Maryanne while we waited for Chris to return from some running around. They also had Kevin over, a friend of Dan Modderman's, and both of Chris' siblings, Dana and Jeff, were about for part of the afternoon. We mostly chatted and played Loot, a Mensa-approved card game, concerning pirates. It was fun, especially since since this soul enjoys sailing the seven seas! Avast ye scurvy bloke, ye will be planking the plank by dinner-time! Arrr! Yarr! This chair be high, says I! ...okay, I'll stop now.

Once the afternoon festivities had wrapped up, I continued onto Mike and Julia's apartment, as they were kind enough to invite me for supper. We had excellent home-made Pad Thai, and some good conversation. It was really nice to get to know to Mike a bit better.

From there, I continued onto Galaxy Cinemas, at the Normanview mall, to meet Chris, Maryanne and Bronwyn. Kevin and Jeff also came along. We watched X-men 3 (which I had seen before; I was there more for the company, and less for the movie), which is a decent show. After that was done, Jeff departed, but Lyn joined us at Brewster's, just across the parking lot from the theatre. So, then more visiting ensued. I finally got home around 1:00, quite exhausted from a full day of socializing!

On Wednesday, I saw still more of Chris and Maryanne, we got together for a walk along the bike trail near Maryanne and Meg's former apartment, then continued onto Dessart on 13th ave. After that, we returned to my parent's house, where Maryanne told Jen about Ky's recent visit to P.E.I., particularly as it related to L.M. Montgomery.

In the afternoon, I got together with Karl for coffee (well, a beverage, at any rate) and a walk. He also showed me some pictures of his honeymoon, through which I was struggling to stay awake, not due to the content but simply because I was so tired! Sorry Karl!

That evening, my family celebrated my birthday (a little bit early), organized primarily by my sister. Thanks Jen!

On Thursday, my dad left for Gimli for the weekend. I packed Thursday morning, and did some shopping, then in the afternoon met Tom and Helen for coffee. That evening was Karl's birthday celebration, at the Ethiopian restaurant at Broad St. and 13th Ave. We had a good time, and man was the food filling! Once supper was finished, I met my mother and sister to watch the Da Vinci Code (eh. It was okay, I guess.)

Friday morning, I got up, drove back to Saskatoon, and then caught a ride up to La Ronge with Alexander.

Sadly, I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to on this trip, but there's only so much time. I was really hoping to get together with Joel on my way back north, but due to his busy schedule and my own, it didn't work out.

It was a great week, but I had to go back to work so I could get some rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home