Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Postcard from Uncle Traveling Matt

Dear Gobo,

It has been almost a month since I wrote to you last, so I thought it high-time to send you another postcard from the outer space!

When last I left off, I was in one of their "cities" known as "Re-gina". I spent the weekend there, and even found another Fraggle, named Christine! I got together with some silly creatures at a wonderful place, where other foolish silly creatures bring you food in exchange for some scraps of paper, or even just borrowing little pieces of plastic! I ate well that day!

I then went to a building where the silly creatures gather once a week to worship their God. It seemed like there were a disproportionate number of ancient silly creatures there; I could only conclude that this must be a privilege reserved for the very old.

After that, I'm not sure what happened, because I found myself in a land with snow higher than my head! I didn't like it there very much, even though some of it melted. I got dropped into one of these snowbanks, and it took me weeks to tunnel my out of it! I managed to stow away on a large white beast and was thankful to see the amount of the snow diminishing.

I found a nice hole to rest in for a few days, when suddenly I was whicked off again to another "city"! There were hundreds of silly creatures there, and they gathered in a large building twice per day. All they seemed to do is stand up and sit down at random intervals, and make a lot of noise. It was horrible! (Note from the editor: it was actually really good!) After a few days of this, I was taken back to the "city" they call "S'skutoon".

I woke this morning to see that, somehow, the snow had tracked me down! There wasn't much of it, but this snow must be a scout for the larger mass I left behind. I fear for us all, if the snow comes to find us!

I miss Fraggle Rock, nephew Gobo. I hope to see you again soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger arimich said...

You're brilliant. And you make me smile. :)

12:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home