Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Some enchanted "meme"ing

Well, since Trouble insists I complete her meme, I will.

Rules are as follows: "Here are the rules: Each player of this game starts with the 'six weird things about me' blog post. People who get tagged need to write their own six weird things post and state the rules clearly. At the end of the post, tag six more people and don’t forget to leave a comment on their blog to tell them they have been tagged and tell them to read your blog."

1. Physical abnormalities: I'm a lefty who does a lot of stuff with his right hand (not that uncommon); my eyes change colour; there is a yellow corona around my pupil; I sneeze when exposed to bright sunlight.

2. Cultural abnormalities (i.e. ways I am different from the cultural norm in North America): This seems to consist of a lot of "I don't..."s. I don't drink alcohol or coffee (try to stay away from caffeine in general), I don't watch television, I certainly don't do drugs, I don't smoke. Hmm...reading this, I seem like I must be a very negative person!

3. Mental abnormalities: Where to begin? I sing songs incessently, especially prompted by words or phrases in normal conversation that bring to mind oldies. I am an incorrigible punster (do not incorridge). I have a fondness for fabulous felines (and get flustered around flirtatious females). If you couldn't tell, I also have an ardor for alliteration, almost an addiction.

4. Abnormal hobbies: First and foremost, would be distance running, letting neither rain nor snow, nor excessive heat or cold to keep me from my shoes. Then there's memorizing lyrics to songs (such as Modern Major General. I'm working on the periodic table of the elements song, as well as the alliterative monologue from "V for Vendetta").

5. Abnormal career: I am a geologist. Although that seems pretty normal to me, many people perceive it as something of an odd profession, and me as odd for choosing to be a part of it. I don't know many people who would voluntarily spend half or more of the year away from home, in a camp with a dozen people at most, working seven days a week. The world takes all kinds.

6. Miscellaneous oddities: some of these may fall into other categories, but I don't care. I'm quite comfortable sleeping on the floor (or pretty much anywhere). I used to eat sandwiches made from onion 'n' garlic chips and honey. My favourite movies both feature characters named "Elwood". There! Is that enough?

Anyway, I will tag some of the more inactive bloggers I know, like Karl (who probably won't fill this out), his lovely wife Meg, Julia, a certain Mr. Reed, his lovely wife Maryanne (hardly an inactive blogger, I know) and last, but certainly not least, the ever cromulent Ky!

3 Comments:

Blogger arimich said...

I knew you were a good person to pick for this thing! You get two gold stars. We will definitely have to get together for "coffee" sometime this summer. Until then, I will leave you with your abnormalities. ;)

12:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, I am cromulent, aren't I?
Also, that sandwich sounds oddly delicious.

5:52 p.m.  
Blogger arimich said...

I would like to inform you that it has been OVER A MONTH since you last posted! I miss seeing you on your blog! :)

7:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home