Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Good to be home....oh, and "Arrrrr!"

Ahoy me harties! It be "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" again! Another year has walked the plank and is swimming with the fishes.

For a fortnight I bin sailing through the murky waters of northern Ontario, payin' careful attention to every spit and shoal I came across. Me treasure map must've been drafted by a bilge rat, fer no treasure was to be found. Treasure hunting 'tis tiring work, and most of it was in foul weather, until I found a sheltered harbour at North Bay. I wanted to plunder a mighty silver cup there, "Stanley's", but it was guarded too well. This cup wasn't even buried! Those scurvy dogs won't last long as pirates. 'Twas a brief sojourn in North Bay, before the tides drew me out again, and I sailed for me home port.

When the sun rises again, I be sailing south, with a "hee-ho, hi-ho, coming down the plains", for a buxom wench is waiting for me 'round Regina way. We be going to see some stalwart balladeers, the Arrogant Worms, beloved by every pirate for immortalizing our profession.

Now be the time to caulk the boat, mend 'er sails and stock in grog and other vittles, for winter be comin' upon us. I gonna be sailin' again two moons hence, for a salty sea-dog is said to be a master of finding buried loot. I be goin' to find his secrets, else he'll be finding how sharp the edge of me cutlass be!

May the seas treat you well, and fine weather be ahead! Arrrr!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arr! Ye salty sea dog--I be mighty happy with yer post.

-A certain buxom wench (blonde journalist)

12:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home