Saturday, September 06, 2008

Musings from a Matt

Well, here I sit. A week from today I am getting married. Work is crazy busy (I was the first person into the office yesterday, and the last person to leave, for example), and I'm going to the bush on Monday, only to come back Wednesday so that I can go to Hudson Bay on Thursday, so that I can get married on Saturday.

My masters is not done. There were some unfortunate delays, but it will get done.

I found out a couple of weeks back that I won't be moving on further in the astronaut selection process. C'est la vie. At least I tired. Oops...Freudian slip. That should be "tried."

I have a cold. I'm hoping I can get over it by the wedding.

In a week I will be surrounded by family and loved ones, and by the end of that day I will have a wife. There will be both good and stressful parts to that day, but when it's all said and done we will have celebrated with family and friends, and then we can start building a life together...as soon as we can manage to both be in the same place.

Christine will be joining me in Saskatoon sometime around late September-early October, and I just hope I can be there to greet her, as it sounds like I'm going to be spending more time in the field in the coming months than I had anticipated.

For those not able to join us in Hudson Bay, you will be missed, and I'll be thinking of you.

See some of you in a week!

-Matt

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be thinking of you, too! Love to you both.

10:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you in a week. Have a good time up north. Got your message, will call later today. Chris

12:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude--you're married now!! Congratulations.

I hope you put up some photos so those of us far away can see how it looked.

11:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home