Saturday, July 07, 2012

Week 27: Second place!

I ran in the Atii Fitness 10 km today. The weather was a bit overcast, and on the cool side, but overall things went well. I finished in a time of 40:57, and came in 2nd out of the eight male runners in my category, and 2nd out of eleven overall. The first place runner came in around 39:30. I was pleased with my time, it's more than two minutes faster than when I ran the race in 2010, but according to the GPS watch both I and the first place runner were wearing, the course was a little short, perhaps 100 or 150 m. With that in mind, my actual 10 km time would have been closer to 41:30. Christine, Alexa and our friend Alia came out to watch and cheer me on. Including the warm-up before the race and cool-down after, I did 18.87 km today, and 47.4 km for the week. This puts my total for the year at 1,055.73, and my surplus at 16.23.

I leave tomorrow for two weeks of field mapping about 130 km northeast of Iqaluit. I will not be running at all during this time, and then will only be back in Iqaluit for a few days before heading out on another two to two and a half week trip. I'm hoping to get a few runs in during my time back in the city, and on the nights I spend in Yellowknife, so that my deficit won't be too bad.

Exciting news in Alexa's world this week is that she got up on all fours on her own, and even started rocking in place, which I'm told is often a precursor to crawling. She may be more mobile by the time I'm back. I'm going to miss that little girl.

This may be the last post for a bit - I won't update this blog next week, and possibly not for two or three weeks after that, just depending how busy I am and whether I have internet access.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home