Monday, September 03, 2012

Weeks 34 and 35: Getting back into routine

So, clearly I'm out of practice with the whole "one post per week" thing.

Week 34: I ran on Sunday, and then was scheduled to leave for Sanikiluaq bright and early on Monday. Arriving at the hangar shortly after 6:00 a.m., we were told there were mechanical problems with the plane. The call was finally made that we wouldn't be leaving that day, so I went into the office. The trip was shifted by a day. I didn't make it out for a run on Monday, between the early start and the need to go to bed early to prepare for the early start on Tuesday.

Tuesday we got away pretty well as scheduled, and arrived safely in Sanikiluaq. I did not get out for a run, but did get out early Wednesday morning (recorded using a handheld GPS, since I had forgot my GPS watch at home). Sanikiluaq is pretty quiet before 7 in the morning! We returned to Iqaluit that day, although didn't leave until 8:00 p.m., getting home around 11:00. I did another run Thursday, and my fourth for the week on Saturday. Although there was a trip scheduled to look at carving stone sites on the weekend, that ended up being cancelled, which means my travel for work is now done until January!

My total for that week was 39.10 km at an average pace of 4:37 minute/km. Although it didn't make much of a dent into my backlog, I also didn't lose further ground.

Week 35: I got five runs in this week, completing 50.2 km at an average pace of 4:38 minutes/km. This puts my total at 1250, with a deficit of 97.6 km still to make up.

Alexa is currently working on her next three teeth, poor thing. She continues to develop quick; today she made it up all the stairs in our unit (perhaps 20) by herself (with Daddy following closely behind). We also took a video this week of Daddy reading a book called "Peek a who?" to her - she loves the part at the end that says "Peek a you!", which has a mirror. The cute part is that she kisses the baby in the mirror.

My mom is going to be coming for a visit in less than two weeks, so we're all looking forward to that. And shortly thereafter we'll be leaving for our trip to Toronto to see our friends Ryan and Karolina, among other things (like the zoo!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home