Saturday, July 22, 2006

Day 11: London & the Journey Home

Okay, so it's been more than two months since I've been home, I really should finish this chronicle.

On Sunday, my family hopped aboard the train to London, and then took the tube around central London. By this point in our travels, we were all wearing out a little, so we only hit a few must-see sites before returning to Reading.

Of course, one of the chief places to go on this list was the Beatles store, shown below. You will also note that I'm wearing the fabulous John Lennon sunglasses I purchased at the store.


Our travels then took us to the near-by Abbey Road, and below is a picture that my dad took of me crossing that famous street.


We then continued onto Picadilly Circus, where, inexplicably, we ran into several hundred people roller-blading through the streets of London.








After that, we stopped by Trafalgar Square.





Hey look, the Canadian Embassy. Sanctuary! Sanctuary!


We passed by Lord's Cricket Grounds, where a rousing game of cricket was going on. Unfortunately, I didn't notice any white robots there. We couldn't find a decent game of Brockian Ultra-Cricket going on anywhere around there, either, so we decided not to stay.



That pretty much wraps up our day in London. At Paddington Station, we of course tracked down the statue of Paddington Bear. Here's a picture of my mom with him. Aren't they cute?




The next morning, my sister saw us off with twice the luggage we came with (we brought back some of the stuff she had over in England during her three year stay), and we flew to Regina via Toronto. I met a rather nice man from Portsmouth, who was traveling over with his wife to tour part of Canada by train. It sure made the nine hour flight go by more quickly, having someone entertaining to visit with. My parents and I then carried onto Regina, arriving late Monday evening. Air Canada, of course, had lost one of my bags, but it turned up the next day so it all turned out okay.

Overall, it was a wonderful trip, went by far too quickly, and was quite exhausting by the end of it! Now I just have to figure out where next to go in my international travels. Taken from Ariann, here is a map of the countries I've visited...right now it sits at a somewhat pitiful 4, only 1% of the countries in the world. I'm going to have to try to better that!



create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I'm glad that you're continuing to blog your trip. I really like looking at your pictures and hearing your stories.

10:38 a.m.  
Blogger Shannon said...

I've been to some of those places too! I bought a sweater at Picadelly Circus and I was pooped on by a pidgeon in Trafalgar Square.

2:34 p.m.  
Blogger arimich said...

You could always come visit me!

11:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home