Sunday, March 04, 2012

Week 9: Getting by

So, this past week I achieved my goal, just barely, but didn't make much in the way of gains. I only got out for four runs. I skipped Monday because I was tired, Thursday for grocery shopping, and Friday because it was -37 with windchill. I'm really tired of running in -35 to -45 conditions. However, it looks like I probably have at least another month during which those will be the prevailing temperatures.

Because I blew off my run on Friday, I needed to go on a longer run yesterday. It was colder (-30, -45 with wind), but at least it was in daylight. I ran out to Apex and back, the only snare being that for a good portion of the return trip I was running directly into the wind. After doing 9.3 km, I had to come home to warm up, then went out again to do another 4+ km.

This week I did 38.57 km, which including my surplus from last weeks leaves me just over 1 km to the good. Overall total is 347.5 km.

Otherwise, it was a pretty normal week. Alexa is learning how to laugh, which is cute, and has started grabbing toys and blankets. We pretty well have finalized our itinerary for our trip to Saskatchewan and Manitoba in May, it will be a busy trip, but we should be able to fit in most people we want to see (and who will want to meet Alexa).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home