Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weeks 36 and 37: Very wet

So, once again it's been a couple of weeks since my last post. The weather has been pretty miserable for the last week and a half. There has been lots of rain, and as a result, poor road conditions for running. It's definitely getting cooler here, most days it's 3 or 4° C, and the winds have begun picking up. The sun is setting now at 7 p.m., so my runs during the week are all in the dark. These factors combined have not made running much fun of late. I am also in the process of turning our sealift crate into a shed, and the rain and wind have not helped that any.

Week 36 I only got for four runs, as I skipped Sunday due to rain. That was the Labour day weekend, so I did get out for a good run on Monday. All the runs that week were 12 km or more; in all I did 48.75 km at an average pace of 4:32 minutes/km.

Week 37 I did five runs, but due to the weather two were close to my minimum (about 8 km each) and my pace was generally slower. I did 48.70 km at an average pace of 4:46 minutes/km, putting me at 1,347.4 km so far for the year, and a deficit of 77 km. I've been able to trim 10 km+ off the backlog each of the last three weeks, so if I keep up that pace I hope to be caught up in another eight weeks or so.

My mother is in town visiting this week, so that's been nice. Alexa has really been enjoying hanging out with her grandmother. She leaves on Wednesday, and then we leave for Toronto on Friday for a week vacation. It looks quite a bit warmer there, so I'll try to get some good runs in while I'm down south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home